Sunday, October 16, 2016

Series - from the archives

A couple of weeks ago, I took my Rolleiflex Old Standard 621 out of the leather case where it enjoys a well deserved rest. To my disappointment, both lenses, the viewing Heidoscop and the taking Tessar, had got fogged by a milky, grayish layer. I then realized that the last time I ran a roll of film through this camera was almost two years in the past. Too long. That evening I cleaned up both lenses, and I took the time to clean the whole viewfinder, as well as repairing the viewfinder hood, which had never operated properly. My Old Standard is again ready for action, and is going to be, quite surely, among the cameras that I am going to use the next couple of months.

The whole episode had me thinking about how much I enjoyed the Old Standard and how I did, somehow, forget about it and that enjoyment. Browsing through the archives, I realized there were still a couple of pictures that I had not published yet. That's how I decided to make a one-week series out of them.

All seven pictures on this series were taken, at least, four years ago. Most of the cameras that I used (except the Flexaret VI and the Vitomatic Ia) are still with me. Let me get a little nostalgic for a moment.

spider web
(Zeiss Ikon Contessa 533/24, Kodak Portra 160, ISO 160/23°)

blinding mediterranean
(Rolleiflex Old Standard 621, Fujichrome Provia 400X, ISO 400/27°)

leaves
(Meopta Flexaret VI, Fujichrome Velvia 50, ISO 50/18°)

undecided
(Voigtländer Vitomatic Ia, Agfaphoto CT Precisa 100, ISO 100/21°)

scooter
(Voigtländer Rollfilm 5x8, Kodak Portra 160, ISO 160/23°)

julia
(Rolleiflex Old Standard 621, Fujichrome Velvia 50, ISO 50/18°)

picnic basket
(Zeiss Ikon Super Ikonta BX 533/16, Fujichrome Velvia 50, ISO 50/18°)


No comments:

Post a Comment